Friday, January 15, 2010

Fixing Grout Can I Fix A Gap In Grouting By Just Applying New Grout Into The Gap?

Can I fix a gap in grouting by just applying new grout into the gap? - fixing grout

Hello
I noticed that my bathroom is a small hole in the nozzle does not touch the edge of a row of tiles, is a horizontally to the wall. This wall is wet when the rain is what I want to seal the gap when the question is, can I get a little more grout and fill the void or need to scrape all the existing joints and repeat the game?

2 comments:

steveko7... said...

It's nice to just touch each piece is missing ... Remove any loose thats first.

michael said...

You must remove all loose mortar and to establish a stable basis for keeping the new mortar. Once the mortar is removed much of the spray with water to make it moist (but not mushy, this allows the grout to new membership, and it dries too fast). I would not be created for the grout from today to tomorrow. Please note: There is no 1.insure grout on the tile surface, 2 left. the surface of the film can be removed the next 3 days. Slurry seal two days later.

Post a Comment